Congratulations to Collier County Public Schools Superintendent Kamela Patton, principals, teachers, school staffs, District administrators and School Board members!
CCPS is again an “A”-rated Florida school district. Of note from the school grades released this week, Collier County Public Schools:
- Ranked 5th highest of 67 districts in the state, an increase from 14th in 2016 and 33rd in 2011;
- Was among only 11 “A”-rated districts in the state (see districts in green in map below);
- Had the second highest year-over-year improvement measured by points earned in 11 areas of student success that include achievement, learning gains, middle school accreditation, graduation rate, and college and career acceleration;
- Had 46% of its schools earning an “A”; 74% earning an “A” or a “B”;
- Had 17 schools improve one or more letter grades;
- Had four schools increase two letter grades: Estates, Palmetto and Shadowlawn Elementary Schools from “C”s to “A”s; Immokalee Community School from “D” to “B”;
- Had no schools with a decrease in grades; and
- Had no “F” schools.
|Click image to hear Dr. Patton’s message|
The District attributed the results to “the hard work and commitment of students, teachers, administrators, District staff, and strong community support. A focus on progress monitoring and ongoing adjustments to instruction are integral to overall student achievement.”
|Florida’s 67 Districts
2017 School Grades
Florida’s school grading system focuses on measures of student success according to Florida law and rules adopted by the State Board of Education. Read more on the Department of Education School Grades web page here.
Florida’s 11 “A”-rated school districts are: Brevard, Collier, Gilchrist, Martin, Nassau, Okaloosa, St. Johns, Santa Rosa, Sarasota, Seminole and Wakulla.
The success or failure of a school district lies with the skill and leadership of its Superintendent. As a Collier voter, it is important that you remember that in Collier County, the Superintendent is hired by our five elected School Board members.
If you are happy with this year’s District report card, take a minute and let them and Dr. Patton know!
Superintendent Kamela Patton – email@example.com